Friday, July 01, 2005

Radical,vegan/veggie/queer/trans friendly animal lovin house

I've been looking at roomate wanted sites for the move to Oregon. I figured sharing space will make the transition and going back to school much easier. These are some of the actual adverts. Hmmmm decisions decisions...

$215 - radical, vegan /veggie, queer / trans friendly, animal lovin'.......

We are a collective household, made up of 2 womyn,3 guys, 2 dogs and 2 cats. we are looking for another womyn identified person. we are politically radical,mainly vegan ( we cook some vegetarian things in the house but no eggs). we re into dumpstering, gardening (kind of permaculture style,in our double lot, which we re just getting started on), bikes, music, diy living.

I didn't know there were such things as Nazi Vegans.

we dont drink much ( especially not in the house), and some of us not at all. we re looking for someone who s into open and honest communication and open to working on their shit.

If there was ever a line so resplendent in simple trashiness to completely negate the possibility of a sufficient sarcastic response.. nay, not even that! It speaks for itself and requires none...

we have a shak and a trailer in the yard which are lived in. we re queer and
we re trans friendly.

we need someone who can be respectfull of the humyn and animal friends here alike. our 2 dog friends here are shephard crosses and tend to be a bit barky. not obsessive but they do like to protect the place. also when having new friends over for the first couple of times it can take a good 5-10 minutes to help the dogs feel comfortable with them, and this is something that each roomate is responsible for. they are in no way vicious, just wary and scared of some newcomers, especailly guys, as one of them came from an abusive situation. but unfortunately, we dont want to have any more animal friends here.

please contact us if you think you might be interested in joining our home


Seeking 2 Fabulous People for 2 Groovy rooms!


I have a vision for this place, and am looking for people who resonate with that vision. ......I am creating a living place that flows with positive energy, both of laughter and peace, creativity.......

My chi is practically re-aligning itself..

I am going to be doing some natural building and permaculture in the house/yard. Are you down? Light clay/straw wall for my bedroom, cob wall around the front yard. I would love to have people around who are interested in this way of building, who would like to have natural plaster on their bedroom wall, who like mud.

There will most likely be a kiln available on site, a small basement for clay?, or other such things. A garage, a roofed concrete area, soon to be clothesline. I eat meat but rarely cook it in the house excepting fish. Don’t watch TV, my bike loves me, Burning Man (Black Rock Boutique, yo), City Repair.


I can almost smell the patchouli oil.

But I tell you what, it still beats the shit out of "Strong Christian Household has room for Closed Minded Biggoted Fundamentalist, Fags Not welcome". Can't wait to get out of here even if it means I have to grow out my pit hair, create hemp rope macrame plant slings and knaw tofu.

8 comments:

Brent said...

When someone say a dog is a little barky, that translates to me as "the dog won't shut the fuck up and the last roommate tried to kill it by feeding it antifreeze".

The rent is damn cheap though, I'd consider going vegan/trans for that.

Alex said...

Forget the barking, I have to make sure the damn DOGS are "comfortable" if I bring friends over. Not the friends, the DOGS. I tend to think that if the dogs are barking over new people it's the people who are going to be upset. Call me crazy...

Adrian said...

I love the freaks on both sides of the common sense fence. Without them I'd probably die of boredom.

You do have a point about the closed minded sister-fuckers in the south, though.

I hear Oregon is beautiful. I have a Hare Krishna uncle out there and should maybe pay him a visit.

Johnny Virgil said...

wow. what the hell every happened to female, non-smoker, age 25-35.

Alex said...

Aydreeyin - Yeah one of the reasons Im moving to Oregon is to get back to more diverse people but it seems I can't escape extremes. Ya know i'm down with the gay, transexual or otherwise..What I can't get into is xtreme environmentalists vegans. Damnit I like eggs.
Oregon is beautiful and I've yet to come across a person who lived there that didn't like it.

Johnny - Deewwd I don't know. All I want to do is go there to sleep and occasionally watch TV. But apparently TV is frowned upon in oregon, *bites nails* and they all seem to want "participating" roomates.

Alex said...

Kris - New Orleans is my favourite city. I love it there and I love the people there but it's expensive and just as hot and humid as where I am now. Besides, if I moved there i'd be 300lbs inside of 2 months.

MPH - Curses! Foiled again.

Paul - Wouldn't your girl be a little upset? Do I need to bring my own bathmat?

Adrian said...

A med-rare filet mignon and good Cabernet is God's proof that man was meant to eat meat.

Larry said...

when they start spelling things with y's you know it is just not going to work out.