Tuesday, June 27, 2006

HOT

I moved out of Louisiana to get away from the heat; well and that whole creepy religous nutjob thing but mostly the heat, and now I am suffering yet again in 97 degrees. The scary thing is, it's really not feeling that bad to me. I'm assuming due to the lack of 100% humidity I would have experienced in La. But still, i'm a little cranky about it.
It's been about 8 months since the move and I had assumed that by now I would be in my newly muscled, healthy frame swinging half way up a mountain in one of those rock climbing harnesses sucking down some granola and dried bananna chips.

But who am I kidding?

I'm actually sitting in the cafeteria sucking down a McDonalds happy meal french fry, waiting for my next class to start. At least I'm doing that, the school thing I mean and I'm not doing bad at all. I managed a 4.150 for my gpa last semester. It being the first time I ever gave a rats ass about my gpa, I wasn't even aware it went past 4.0. So yea! for me.
I am trying to get through things as quick as possible so I'm trecking straight through summer semester as well, full loads and then some all the way. Last semester was 16 units, this one is only 12, so it looks like i'll have time to take a crap this month.
I have to say I'm pretty damned tired but the prospect of earning a decent salary by next summer is motivating. I still don't like the whole "boss" thing though, still trying to figure a way out of it.

Speaking of which, I was recently contacted by a great friend of mine from way back in our teen years. Somehow, once he got out of his 3 year prison stint, he managed to become a millionare. I'm really sincerely happy for him but I just have to say, What the fuck?
He's the second ex con I know that is. Meanwhile all the straight edges I knew are out selling tires or working for Home Depot.

Apparently getting an ass raping is the best motivator.

P.S. I've decided i'm going to learn fluent italian just so I can read federico's blog. God that's frustrating.

4 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

My name is alex, too! (Alexander, however.)

You are much better looking.

Ren said...

Hmmm... I WANT to remember you.

Alex said...

and are you a macedonian? and thank you but to be fair I should see a pic. :)

labbie-Oh come on, I haven't been gone THAT long have I?

Johnny Virgil said...

congrats on the school thing. I've been out so long, I don't think I could go back. Although if I had a choice between that and an ass raping I'd be in class monday morning.