Sunday, December 05, 2004

Little o' this 'n' little o' that

Not much new today. I had started an epic essay on the things that make me different (ie. weird). Inspired by Lance of course. But it got to be so long that I need to either break it down into separate entries or weed out a lot of things. It's amazing how easy it is to talk about your own weirdness. Anyway that entry is going to have to wait for a later time.

An old friend from back home is veeerrry mad at me. He found out I went to california for thanksgiving and he's bent out of shape that I didn't give him a call. In my defense though he had told me he was going to be in Lake Havasu so I thought he was gone anyway. So our last conversation mostly consisted of him telling me how bad I suck.

In all honesty i'm not sure I wanted to meet up anyway not because I don't want to see my friend but because things are a little different now. I mean we really haven't seen each other since we were 22 and 23 respectively, a long long story for a later time, but he is married with children and much different from the skinny skater kid I remember fondly.

While we were never romantically involved (we never really made it past the 'soc each other in the arm' phase), we've been close friends since we were 13/14 and I think we'd have to act different around each other if his wife and kids are in tow. I dunno, it's hard to explain without telling the whole long, dramatic deal, things would just feel strange.

But I don't stress about it like he does because I figure after 19 years, 5 moves, 2 separations longer than a year one of us always manages to find the other and it seems neither one of us can live without having the other in our lives in some respect, be it phone or email. We're bound to have another opportunity to go to lunch sooner or later. And he freaks about every damn thing anyway, always has, the whiny biatch.

In other news...



I've lost just a smidge of respect for BAM this week. They did a mini marathon of episodes including the one where Bam and Johnny Knoxville (for those who don't know, the biggest "JackAss") are having a prank competition. One of JK's pranks was to put a snake on BAM...apparently BAM is afraid of snakes. He's so afraid of snakes that when he was held down and confronted with it, he cried like a little girl. Actually, that's insulting because when I was a little girl I had a ball python that I raised from a baby to about 7foot. When I was 24 and traveling too much to keep it anymore I gave it to ANOTHER little girl. So there, two little girls who didn't cry over snakes. I'll rephrase, he screamed like a little bitch. Where have all the real men gone? Oh well, I still wouldn't kick him out of bed.

P.S. To Lance, that entry about you and your brother sliding around on the vinyl floor...biggest laugh i've had this year. Thanks for that. Oh and Happy Chanukah, I believe that starts in a day or two yes?

No comments: