Wednesday, March 16, 2005

If you've ever hated your job...

Chuck E' Cheese. Did I ever mention I was the Rat? Yeah when I was 19, I was the rat.

No one knows what a job in the 7th circle of Hell truly is until they've been beat down and kicked by 20 some odd birthday bashing, sugar high, grade schoolers, whilst sweating in a giant fiberglass rat costume that has every sweltering, claustrophobic intake of breath reek with the gritty muck of a thousand overworked, zit faced teenagers. I'm talking about air you can taste.

You are quite litterally looking through the mouth of madness since your small window to the outside world is through the covered hole in the rat's deranged grin.
And through your tiny light of hope, skewed by ill aligned black screening, you're just lucky enough to gain one second to brace yourself for the size 4 shoe coming at your giant cartoon nose. In anticipation of the hard plastic rebounding against your face, your senses, already engulfed near to dementia by the cacophony of screaming, bleeping games and the horrible high pitched recycled sing along songs played by bizarre ghetto versions of puppet animatronics,... the last thing that comes with clarity to you're suffering ears is the ringing war cry of satans spawn spewing a venemous, "YOU'RE NOT REAL!!! RAAWWRR!!!"

*Shudder*

I still have post traumatic stress, like a vietnam vet in a flashback I drop, duck and cover every time I hear the piercing screams of playing children.

So now when I really hate a job I try to keep in mind, THAT job because nothing could ever be as horrible and terrifying as THAT job. In fact I think I should have had my social security handed to me and been allowed to retire at the ripe age of 20 for having EVER done THAT job for any length of time.

I actually feel sick thinking about it.

4 comments:

Steven said...

I thought of doing that once. Glad I couldn't. Supposedly a 6'4 guy can't fit into the suit.

Alex said...

No they can't, but lucky me I was JUST tall enough.

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I always wondered what it was like to be in those suits. Not as fun as I thought.

Johnny Virgil said...

I always thought a fun thing would be to decide to quit, and then on that day when some kid came at you, you could just grab him by the hair and say, "Listen, you little shit. Knock it off, go sit down and behave before I tear off your little weiner and stick it up your butt."

Just to see his reaction.