Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Bikini Girls With Machine Guns

I know I haven't posted lately but I wasn't feeling too talky and didn't have much to say. I'm not a talkative person anyway. This is pretty much my biggest outlet except for the phone. In day to day 'real life' I don't talk much at all. I prefer not to babble just to hear my own voice. I know I know, I'm an anomaly to my gender.

But that is true of a lot of things about me. Most women couldn't tell you what the industry considers to be the worst horror movie of all time, nevermind own it. Most women wouldn't know the characters from Sin City or the story of The Punisher BEFORE the films came out and most don't know Stan Lee. Most women will never know what a sliding T bevel is, let alone have their own toolbox.

I've always been odd for a girl.

I am still very girly. My most ridiculous possessions include an 80 dollar handbag and 20 dollar rhinestone hoop earings. I paint my nails AND toes religiously. I hate most sports. I want breast augmentation. I know very little about cars and won't touch my engine because I don't want to get dirty. I scream like a 6 year old when I see a spider.

Other peoples reaction to me is at odds as well, the two most common phrases I hear being "You're a pretty girl" and paradoxically "You have a lot of balls". Go figure. Men fall in love with me for the same reasons they later break things off. I'm a "cool and interesting" girl until they start to confuse my silence for coldness and my independence makes them feel un-needed. No man likes being told what kind of drill bit to use on a job or being out-hit by a girl at the batting cages. With respect to men I have had to bite my tongue, play dumb and frequently pretend helplessness. It is annoying and it gets exhausting when you've been doing it a long time.

My life on the whole has been a little out there too. Extracurricular activities have included, horse training, driving demolition derby and modeling in small runway/hair and makeup shows. I've skied down the Colorado river in an american flag bikini and i've done it sporting a Tattoo that is NOT on the small of my back. I've traveled across the US and Australia mostly on my own. I am forever trying to reconcile my wish to ride motocross with my desire to do it in glittery hot pink gear and helmet.

Anyway, due to my freakishness, this blog will go on the occasional mini hiatus while I get through one of my anti-chat phases. I knew it was time to take a break when I resorted to posting a web test. I apologize to those of you who were disturbed by the mutant-y picture of the last post and i'll try to leave things on a more pleasant note next time. =P

12 comments:

Johnny Virgil said...

you rock. I cannot believe you are a frank miller fan. Year One is genius.

Johnny Virgil said...

and hey, thanks for the link.

Alex said...

mph - That's so sweet! Thank you. If I have any cool at all, i'll do my best to keep it.

Johnny - I like his version of Batman best. I haven't seen Sin City yet but I'm excited because it looks like they were at least faithful to style if nothing else. I was NOT a fan of Robocop. I hear they're filming 300 as well, that should be interesting.

Kris- You make me sound like heroin, how sexy. Bless your demented little heart.

Nain - Thanks mamma ;) Oh yeah I drove demo back when I was 19 or so. My roomate at the time, amazing chick, she used to do it wearing 2 inch airbrushed acrylic nails. She got me into it. I was only able to go 3 or 4 times because I needed a sponser but it was the most fun i've ever had. Won 3000$ once, only got 800$ out of it but to a 19 year old that's a lot of bones. To this day I can drive backwards better than anyone.

Anyway, thanks for being so kind guys. I'm really glad I have been able to get to "know" you.

Pops said...

Problem #1 with blogs and bloggers, people posting shit when they have nothing to say. Not being interested in doing that is actually a good thing.

Me, I post 6 times a week, but I'm honestly convinced it's all utterly enthralling and cosmically necessary.

Anonymous said...

I dont know what to really say about your post, but I want to see more pics of you, as I am sure every guy here does.

Alex said...

Pops - Necessary or not, it's always fun to read. Thanks for the link, i'll get ya back.

Mr. - I love a man who completely disregards my mind and goes straight for my looks, so I'll get right on that just as soon as you post a few photos of your penis with a ruler next to it and a scan of your latest bank statement, deal? :)

Brent said...

That has got to be on my list of top ten post titles of all time...

Have a nice sabbatical!

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

You drove demolition derby? Love to hear about that!

Balázsy András said...

I had this dream where I collected light from a rainbow with my hands and it coalesced into cotton candy which I then fed to someone.

I hate mindless chatter. Looking forward to some meaningful silence.

Alex said...

Brent - It is a title of a song by a band called The Cramps. It seemed fitting.

Howie - take your causes somewhere else.

Shamus - yeah i'll have to write about that one of these days. It was a lot of fun.

Citrus - I would LOVE to trade. I dont like making compromises but in this world sometimes you have to do what it takes to get along, know what I mean?

Nain - Thanks! That did irritate me a smidge. Think anyone noticed?

Winged Pig - Mmmmm cotton candy.

Kris - Sorry hon I'm getting to it, promise. Thanks for caring though. =)

Johnny Virgil said...

just checkin' in, making sure you're ok. Yeah. I'm your mother.

Unknown said...

Before going for surgical operation, one should ensure that the surgeon is fully trained and equipped to handle the case. The facility where the surgery will be performed should conform to strict safety standards.

breast augmentation recovery